Sunday 17 May 2015

Ramada Hotel, The Mailbox, Birmingham.

This weekend I stayed at the Ramada Hotel at The Mailbox in Birmingham, and I was a little disappointed, both with The Mailbox itself and the hotel.

The Mailbox seems to be the place to be in Birmingham so I was expecting a little more from a hotel in it.

It is a beautiful walk up from across the canal and over the footbridge where lovers and couples have placed padlocks signifying their love but the hotel entrance was pretty difficult to spot.




I had booked an executive room.


This was my view.


Admittedly it is unusual these days to find a city centre hotel in the UK which does have opening windows, so that was a bonus.

The hotel was quiet, less so the other clientele.  I was awake most of the night thanks to the next room who seemed to feel necessary to make as much noise as possible at 11pm, 2am and 4am.  The noise outside started about 5am.  As soon as my alarm went off at 6am everyone went quiet.

There is free wired internet available in the rooms but wifi is only available downstairs in the public areas of the hotel.

I would stay here again, but it would not be my 'go to' choice of hotel.




No comments:

Post a Comment