Wednesday 4 February 2015

My London Visit Wishlist

I would love another trip to London, in the past I have been for one night stays but would love to stay for longer.

The places that I really want to visit are (in no particular order):

1.  The Natural History Museum.  I really want to visit Dippy before he is moved to make way for the whale skeleton.  I have never been to the NHM so it is definitely on my wish list.



2.  The Science Museum.  The geek in me loves the Science Museum, it was the first museum I visited where you are encouraged to touch the exhibits.  After years of having to walk behind ropes, signs on everything telling you not to touch and attendants in every room to make sure you don't, this was fantastic.  I need to go when the schools are not on holiday so that I can get to the exhibits to play, I mean, investigate.



3.  The Churchill War Rooms.  When I was at school I hated anything to do with history, probably more to do with the teachers and the subjects we covered than anything, but in more recent years I have become more interested in what went on, so a visit here is a must.



4.  Bletchley Park.  Not technically London, but close enough.  Again this appeals to the geek in me.  The fact that people were able to break codes, generally in a foreign language, just boggles me.



5.  Madame Tussauds.  Another place I have never visited,  I've been to Louis Tussauds' in Blackpool, but I am hoping that this one would be better.



Is there anywhere else you think I should add to my list?



No comments:

Post a Comment